From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 08:21:24 -0400

About five months before even hearing the word "Celiac" for the first time,
I was feeling so draggy I followed a friend's advice and added wheat germ
to my morning cereal (shredded wheat, probably!).  Within a few days I had
itchy, blistery bumps in many difficult of places - more itchy than
anything I had ever experienced.  For some crazy reason I figured out that
perhaps the wheat germ had brought on the bumps ((DH)), and removed it from
my diet.  Eventually the itching stopped and the bumps diminished, but it
took many, many weeks before the residual red scars were gone.   I wouldn't
even THINK of touching anything distantly related to wheat germ again.

 Archer Daniels Midland has had a few other kinds of societal misadventures
- just some political contributions here and there that mightily helped
their business opportunities and eventually caused a law suit with the
FEDs, if my memory is correct.  Then a lare - very large - fine.  I know
that their financial offices and their research labs and their production
lines are all far from one another, but I still am very, very leary of
their suggesting that they can remove all the gluten///

Gayle Kennedy