Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 07:53:09 -0500
From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>

    Well, it's happened again.  What is it in cherry flavored Kool-Aid that
causes a reaction?  I didn't have enough of the flavor I was using to make a
full pitcher, so added some cherry to finish it out.  My 5 1/2 year old
celiac daughter told me "remember, we aren't supposed to have that kind."
(She and her brother have reacted to it before.)  I thought maybe it was
something else before, and insisted a little bit would probably be okay.
Wrong.  Now she's sick and throwing up this morning.  (And she's the one who
made the connection to the Kool-Aid - at 6:30 am I'm not exactly alert.)
Cherry Kool-Aid is banned from the house.  I just can't figure out why it
causes problems when the others don't.  They are all supposed to be gluten
free.  I thought maybe the dyes were the problem, but they have other red
drinks without getting sick.  Anybody have any answers?  Or the same
reaction?
    Thanks for any input.     Diane Humphrey  Ozark, Arkansas  USA