From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:22:37 -0400
Hi Cherri,
I also endorse Backpack Parallel port cdrom's, having used them for years.
You don't need to re-boot for some of the models, there is a DOS command
(device.com for my model) that will load the config.sys portion of the driver
so you don't need to re-boot.  There is also a nice feature that allows the PC
to boot without error messages should the drive be disconnected.

However, I always boot with a Windows network diskette that has the
network drivers, etc. so that a DOS pc can connect to a Windows95/NT
network.  I can make the Windows for Workgroups diskette in my sleep
but I can't quite remember how to set up a DOS 7 Win95 boot diskette with
network.  Doesn't matter to me, both allow me to find my network cdrom and
install the Win95b cd, since I never order cdrom drives for my network client PC.
There must be a similar solution for Netware.
Tom Turak