From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:08:01 -0400
At 09:16 AM 4/21/1998  Mark S. Goldstein  wrote:

>   My monitor suddenly shows only hues of gray, blue and yellow.  There
are no
>red hues at all.  My monitor is relatively new.  Is this something I can
>diagnose on my own?  I've tried altering the display properties in the
control
>panel all to no avail.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark:

If you've recently unplugged the monitor or moved the
case, check for a bent pin in the monitor cable connection
to your video port. If bent, straighten the pin(s) carefully
with tweezers and plug it back in. Tighten the screws
firmly, but not overly tight.

You might also verify that the video card is properly
seated in the expansion slot (unless the video is on
the motherboard).

If the plug also has a detachable connection on the
monitor itself, check for loose connections.

Straighten the cable and verify there are no power
sources, speakers, transformers and the like next to
the cable or the monitor.

If this doesn't work, the monitor may need servicing.
Take it back to your dealer (don't open the monitor
yourself -- there are deadly levels of VOLTAGE inside).

Regards,

John Chin