Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:00:53 -0500
Hello Ray!

From: Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 1998 4:59 AM
Subject: [P-F]

>Hitler first wrote of being a vegetarian in 1911 and extolled the
>benifits of his diet to many including Goebbels who quoted him in his
>"Hitler's Secret Conversations" as stating that after the war he he
>intended to tackle the problem of meat eating in the general population.
>My source is again "The Heretic's Feast: A History of Vegetarianism"(pgs
>304-309) by Colin Spencer.  Mr. Spencer has published several books on
>vegetarian dieting though presumably he does not eschew all animal
>protein as his most popular book is "The Gay Kama Sutra".
>
>Ray Audette
>Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
>http://www.sofdesign.com/neander

First of all, let me say that I would consider this off-topic and am
responding only for the need
for accuracy and to set the record straight because the subject has come up
before in the context of
vegetarians who were"cruel despots".

The rumour that Hitler was a vegetarian was researched by historian and
author Rynn Berry,
 who has published a monograph on the subject and has ample references to
back up his research.

Rynn also teaches history at a college in New York. He is a vegan, but I
have no reason to doubt his veracity.

Hitler loved his sausages according to his personal chef who was interviewed
in the newspapers.
He loved meat so much that his health suffered and was advised by his
doctors to go on a
vegetarian diet, which he obviously did not follow.

Anyone who perpetuates myths even after presented evidence to the contrary
has an agenda that is other than the truth.

Mahesh