From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 15:46:06 -0400
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 19:39:51 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, when I read that I felt I wanted to share my own experience.

>Veggies are time-intensive to get and prepare.  You have to buy
>them several times a week to get fresh stuff.  Then typically you
>must wash, chop, steam, or whatever.  Most people I know are in a
>*big hurry* much of the time, and that's why they use pasta, as I
>once did.  You buy it once a week.  You boil it and throw it on
>the plate with some sauce...
My experience vith veggies is different.
Most i just wash and cut a little and boil them
 like broccoli, carrots things like that.
Most of the time i drink the bioling water and find it
a really
delicious drink.
Then my sauce is primarily a good intense tasting vegetable oil.
Mostly Olive or sunflower. Much of it. Best sauce to have for me.

Often I eat them raw before they get the chance to be boiled :-)

It's enough for me to buy most vegetables once a week and keep
it in the fridge (i have a special 0 degree C section).
Onions and carrots keep much longer fresh, and so I have always a
stock of it.

All in all little work to do.

> No butter, virtually no meat, a
>little bit of fish.  They eat some veggies, but they have to hit
>the starches hard to get calories.  Since Tony had already had a
>heart attack, his cardiologist decided that his cholesterol
>should be even lower, below 150...

Just again my personal experience with energy.
Instead of much starches I simply use lots of plant based fats to get it.
And I like their taste.
I think ins
tead of trying to get fats from pigs or cattle
as a paleolithic energy supply , it would be wiser to
use for ex sunflower oil.
They will certainly be much closer to the fat of a deer as
the fat of a farmed pig. (that to the colesterol... discussion)
And it won't fix on the mouths ceiling....

regards

Amadeus