From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:14:32 -0400
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Mahesh Shah wrote:

> The answer is very simple -- based on volumes of research. Any person with
> kidney disease or failure is advised to go on a low protein diet.
>
> Since Todd has posted on the use of protein as helping kidney disease,
> perhaps he can put things in perspective -- how many research results in
> favor of additional protein for kidneys versus less.

No, I do not have research on the use of high protein as a
treatment for kidney disease.  I said only that there is some
evidence that the function of the normal, non-diseased kidney
improves on a high protein diet.  And there is no evidence that
high protein intake causes normal kidneys to become diseased.

Todd Moody