Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:21:51 -0800
Beverle Sweitzer wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>heart and/or kidney.  Eats only a mouthful of canned food.  The vet had
> a fit when he found out that I was only feeding raw and said that she
> probably was going to get sick.  So I have been trying to force her to
> eat the canned stuff.

      My late beloved cat would eat **NO** canned catfood even when food
deprived.  she would stagger away from it gagging altho I warned her
about overacting.  I finally found that raw fish, cooked fish, and
people grade water-pack tuna was all ok. She would not eat the oil
packed tuna at all.
     Since it was cheaper too [regualar canned tuna vs cat food cans]
that's what she got. She was never fond of beef, lamb or chicken..altho
would eat small amounts. She ate small amounts of dry cat food, which I
kept permanently available..in case she got hungry when I wasn't
available.

        She was mad for sunflower seeds, bacon, salmon, and sardines and
sardines in tomato sauce was a winner; occasionally a little cheese,
butter dab or mayonnaise.  She was never ill in all the 15 yrs until her
death, quietly, suddenly last month. Until the day of her death she
looked like a young cat, very pretty, bright eyes,  still jumping
about..would only drink running water from the kitchen faucet..had to
jump up on counter.
        In summer heat we shared homemade fresh fruit popsicles..orange
juice was the favorite. You a lick, me a lick....
        I miss her.

Forget the canned cat food. Cats have been around long time..trust the
innate knowledge, yours and the cat's.