NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Crankshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:12:00 -0800
>Does anyone know of a good thickener for pie filling besides corn
starch?

Try either tapioca or a couple of egg yolks mixed in with flour.
These work well for fruit pies.  Just toss with fruit and sugar/honey
mixture and spices and fill the pie.

Also-as an aside.  We recently traveled on United (domestic) and
requested kosher chicken dinners each way.  United came through both
ways for all four of us (of course we also brought our own food just
in case...)

Kathy