CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Sandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:30:09 -0600

I'm a type 1 diabetic recently diagnosed with celiac sprue. I collected
diet restrictions from the net 2 days before the diet plan arrived from my
doctor's office. I switched my diet immediately and already feel better! I
do have an odd "problem", which might be a solution for those of you who
are experiencing high bg with gf carbos: I have had polenta for carbos a
few times in the past week for supper. Each time, I have experience low bg
about 2 hours after eating. Is anyone else out there eating polenta as a
carbo? Is anyone else experiencing low bg when carbos are cornmeal based?
I'm planning on tracking bg more closely the next time I try polenta so
that I can get an idea of what's happening.

Pat