VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:43:41 -0400
I changed the subject line from Nolon Krab to better reflect this topic.

The original poster made the infrence that adding speech recognition would
illiminate the necessity for script or macrofiles or set files because you
could "tell" the computer what to do.

You would actually need to write more macro files in this case.  Because
you would need to teach the speach recog software what "close window
means" or "move mouse" or any phrase.  The speech recog software is
relatively dumb.  You can set up macros that cause the mouse to move and
click on things and attach those macros to voice command but you still
would have had to have the macro in place first.

So this doesn't really solve any problems.  It might just cause a few
more.  Not to mention the fact that you would have to hear everything you
said twice because you need to confirm that what you said is what the
computer thought you said.

Dan

-----
Blue Skies