From:
Tijmen Hennink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:02:25 +0200
At 05:41 16-4-98 -0500, you wrote:
>I should know the answer to this after reading this list for as long as I
>have, but I need to ask anyway.  Fat32 is one of the enhancements that is
>described for Win98.  However it has been discussed for a long time.  Is it
>available as part of the Win95 OEM?  How does one set up a (new) machine to
>use Fat32?
>
>Thanks for your help, this list is the best I have ever dealt with.
>
>Mike Buraczewski

As far as I know Windows 95 can only work with FAT32 when you have Windows
95 OSR2.5.
If not you maybe could buy PartitionMagic 3. This program can convert fat16
to fat32 and back, something Windows 98 don't want to do.
To setup a new machine for Fat32 you just have to start a program on the
same way as you would do for defrag.
You can also try a Windows 98 Beta, I'm using a version that will be
working until 31 december this year, so you can use Fat32 until Windows
will stop working. After that you could buy the official Windows 98.
Tijmen