From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 07:49:18 -1000
Amadeus:
>Of ethical reasons in the West (USA, Europe)
>like in several eastern philosophies also live
>vegans.

Spouting vegan philosophy and being a strict vegan are two different
things. Ask any ex-vegan for the truth of their situation.

>Of course one single vegan would contradict
>the statment in that table that humans would
>"need" animal protein. They don't.

No it wouldn't. If that hypothetical vegan was sickly and/or unable to
reproduce it would support the contention. I still have yet to meet a
vegan-from-birth ever.

>Just to be exact on the facts before attempting to
>draw any conclusions.

Hmmm...your sticking to "millions of vegans" (after hedging to "mostly
vegetarian with a vegan base" whatever that is supposed to mean) and
talking about exact facts?

Amadeus, it seems you have internalized a lot of ethical vegan hooey and it
may be altering the way you can see reality. If it is all so lovely why do
you consume animal foods in any amount? Why don't you go full monty and
become a raw vegan--they are so veeerry veeeerrrryy pure and ethical you
know?

Sometimes it seems that the "arguments" you have with this list are almost
internal dialogues with yourself. Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?
If so, then spend a year as a raw vegan, then a year low carb paleo, then
compare your results, but spare us the "millions of vegans proving humans
have no need of animal foods" hocus pocus, eh?

Cheers.
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft