From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 22:22:00 +0200
At 18:55 1998-09-17 -0400, Aaron wrote:

>Yes, organ meats do give me a lot of energy.  Thank you for asking. ;-)
>Ditto for skin, though I hadn't realized that skin was a good source of
>purines; I thought that I simply benefitted from the fat.  Although red meat
>is my favourite, _every_ source of dark meat (including tuna, mackerel, and
>the dark meat of fowl) gives me more energy than does white meat.

How is it possible to compare this? Do You eat only dark meat for a month
and then only white meat the same month next year and compare how much
You produce or think or run or what. How can you determine that the effect
is really physiologic and not the result of the fact that you like dark
meat better, or it just looks better, or that You in have learned
that it should be better for some reason (purines f ex)?

When I tell people about my paleodiet the often ask if I have more energy
now and so on. But what can I tell them? I have been on paleo for 18 months
now, and I could not tell how I had felt in this moment if I had not been
on paleo. I weigh some 8 kilos less than when I started, and I was on my
weigh up, so the difference to what it had been today is perhaps 9 or 10
instead I guess, but how can I know.
What really makes me feel better is the fact that paleodiet fits well into
my general thinking about what is best for a human, and that I am quite
shure I have made a good decision when "going paleo". Also I like much of
what I eat now better than what I eat before (ground elk jerky w thyme is
just wunderful). And last but not least, I like beeing a bit controversy :-)

- Hans