From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 06:45:06 -0700
C. Loon wrote:
> But the next time a deep ecologist attacks our paleodiet habits, maybe
>we could enlighten them on the very close link between deep ecology and
>Nazi policy).

Not all deep ecologists are created equal.  Paul Shepard is considered to
be the father of deep ecology.  I believe his work "The Tender Carnivore
and the Sacred Game" is a must read.  His current work "The Others: How
Animals Made Us Humans" is also a good read.  Prof. Shepard is also a
falconer and avid elk hunter.

At the University of North Texas (Denton, TX.)you will also find Prof.
Max Oelschlager of the graduate program in Envromental Ethics (Philosophy
Dept.)  His book "The Idea of Wilderness" is also a good read.  He and
many like him are very paleo sympathic and realize the limitations of
our present reliance on monoculture agriculture.

These guys are a lot different than the PETA people and others who claim
to be enviromentalists without ever leaving the city.

Man has altered his enviroment drastically ever since he went into
a partnership with dogs and formed a hunting pack that no creature on
earth could challenge - contributing to the Pleistocene extinctions.  His
use of fire also radically changed the landscape and extended the
grasslands in many places.  To understand what is a sustainable resource
and what is not requires more than a cursory glance.  All agrarian
cultures have the concept of Armagedon as this is the logical
ecological conclusion to their culture.  Avoiding this end should be
everyones goal.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander