Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:05:10 -0500
Hello Michael!

<<
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>

>  Mahesh,
>    Don't get me wrong here. I'm not trying to flame your beliefs or any
>thing like that. I just can't put science together with philosophical
>beliefs. Also, any research done in those times, was more narrow minded,
>based on what a ruler wanted, not very independent thinking in those days.

Here is the definition of "philosophy" from the World Book Dictionary:

The study of the truth or principles of all real knowledge; study of the
most general causes and
principles of the universe..

So you see, belief in science or the scientific method may be called a
philosophy.

Also, it turned out that many Jain philosophers were kings who renounced
their kingship.
The part about rulers being narrow minded does not necessarily apply.

Jainsim does not claim all knowledge is known or can be found in a certain
"book".

Instead, the pursuit of knowledge and truth is required of all.

Mahesh aka ElectronicBoy