Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:21:24 -0400
Robert A. McGlohon, Jr. wrote:

> Kaiden Fox wrote:
> >
> > Ray Audette has helped me to lead a normal life, at a normal weight.  But,
> > in truth, I'm not happy at 230.  It's still over 200 lbs, and I'm only
> > 5'10."  I know I could get lower.
> Working and going to school full time makes weight-loss tough -- hell,
> it makes anything tough, but Ray offers some good advice on this at page
> 79 of the latest edition of Neanderthin:  (1) get in ketosis; (2) drink
> lots of water; and (3), if you stall, "weight loss can be resumed by
> forcing the body to produce keytones again.  This can be accomplished by
> elminating all carbohydrates (fruits and vegetables) completely."
These are good good starting points. On one of the low-carb lists there used
to be a whole list of these. I don't remember them all, but some of the
more important additional ones are:
- do weight training (this is the big one :)
- try varying your calorie intake (either go lower if it's high, or high if it's low)
- add flax oil to your diet
- change your foods (even if they are perfectly low carb and paleo there might be
  something in a particular food you eat that's not just right for you)
There are others as well (the list is pretty big). And don't give up - often people
plateau for months (I did) to then start dropping again. I am now at 7+% bodyfat
after being stuck for months.

Ilya