From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 20:34:48 -0500
>From:    Mahesh Shah <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Cheese Please
>
>If the proteins were broken down into their constituent amino acids,
they
>might have similarities. I would think that large protein molecules in
>bovine milk are different from human milk.

I remember from a chart that cow's milk has much more casein than human
milk.  If you look at the essential amino acid breakdown there is a
difference.  Human milk and cow's milk profiles look different.  Plus,
per 100 grams, whole cow's milk has about 3.3 grams protein, human milk
about 1.0 gram.  So what proteins *are* in cow's milk are consumed in
3.3x the quantities  For reference, goat's milk looks similar to cow's
(for essential aminos), and has 3.6 grams of protein/100 grams.

James Crocker