From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:58:07 EDT
Robert,

<<         I'll try anything twice that doesn't involve taxes ;-)  How do you
eat
 meat raw?  Any recipes, suggestions?  I've gone to rare for my grilled
 steaks and burgers, but they don't moo.  The thought of pulling the
 plastic off of a supermarket t-bone and munching right away provokes
 more than a little resistance.  It also might provoke stares in
 restaurants. :-) >>

I go two ways:

1.  Pull into a farmers field and find a cow, start chewing.
     Usually get squashed to death.
     Not recommended.

2.  I buy natural buffalo and just cut it in slices and eat...

Or I dry at 95 F which is supposedly low enough not to kill enzymes.  I can't
say that I have noticed any effects from the drying other than increased
thirst, so far...  It's hard to notice without doing them side-by-side, and I
have to be in a 'highly tuned' state to notice the small effects of foods.
Maybe I'll do a comparison and check it out...

Some people like to buy raw organic hamburg meat.  I used to love raw hamburg
as a kid, I may start eating it again as it's different than eating steak raw.
Freezing might be appropriate if you are concerned about nasties.

Anyone eat raw fat?

If you are really interested, the people to ask are on the live-food list...

www.odomnet.com/live-food

They have more experience than myself, who was raw vegan and has been
increasing raw animal foods since March...

Aaron