From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:19:39 +0200
I am still not satisfied with suggestions that humans do not eat grass:

At 12:18 1998-08-01 -0700, Dave Chapman wrote (Re: [P-F] Lewis & Clark IV):

>Tuesday July 16th 1805
>Drewyer killed a buffaloe this morning near the river and we halted and
>breakfasted on it.  here for the first time I ate of the small guts of the
>buffaloe cooked over a blazing fire in the Indian stile without any
>preparation of washing or other clensing and found them very good.

Eating small guts from ruminants does shurely involve eating grass, and
in a form where it is probably more digestible for humans.
I am quite shure this has been a usual food for our ancestors on
the paleolitic savanna. Also I guess that we are adopted to the small
amounts of grass proteins eaten this way.
Comments are welcome...

- Hans