From:
Buji Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:18:30 -0700
Sally Fallon wrote, in Nourishing Traditions..

However, protein cannot be adequately
>utilized without dietary fats.  That is why protein and fats occur together
in
>eggs, milk, fish and meats. . .

I think this quote falls into a reasoning trap. The reason that proteins are
found with fats  is that the structure of animal bodies is both protein and
fat; and animal energy storage is overwhelmungly fat. It has nothing
whatsoever to do with what humans may or may not be able to utilize.

The evolutionary forces that determine the structure of a buffalo, or a deer
of even a human, have no interest in making it good to eat, or nourishing.
Being nourishing to predator species would have to be counted as bad, from
the standpoint of survival and procreation.

A very seminal thinker, the late  Roger J Williams, professor of
biochemistry at the U of Texas, Austin, said the major reason one should eat
meat is that we are meat, our bodies are chemically  constituted much the
same as those of the deer and the antelopes. ( Although, as modern humans,
sadly, they may more resemble the steer and the hog.)

Michael