From:
Wolfson440 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:16:05 EDT
Pam:

I'd like to point out that as we age, our bodies produce less and less
digestive enzymes. Plus, many people who have suffered from years of digestive
problems, and had a very poor diet, or for whatever other reasons, you just
may not be producing enough enzymes to properly digest your food.

You might want to look into taking a supplement for a short time to see if
that helps. Sometimes, that may be just what you need to jump start your
digestion. Look for a supplement that contains proteolytic enzymes (I'll post
tomorrow with more specifics). Or you may want to contact a doctor
knowledgeable in nutrition (ie. a chiropractor or a holisitic MD)

I'd like to add, that if you do feel sick, please find out why. Your body is
trying to tell you that something is wrong. It could even be an intolerance or
allergy to something that you are eating on a regular basis -- even though
it's paleo, a particular food item might not be right for you.

I'd also like to add, that when I first went on the Atkins diet almost 3 years
ago, I went through five days of severe withdrawal. In my case, that was
because I was allergic to wheat and milk (which I gave up cold turkey). The
severity of the withdrawal symptoms is a good indication of how severe the
allergy or addition were. But anything more that a week, definitely warrants
some investigation.

Michelle