From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:38:07 +0100
My father has psoriasis (for at  least 15 years). I have been talking to him
that it might be an idea to at least try to avoid grains and milk for some
time to see what happens. The other day he phoned me, telling that he had
read an article by a psoriasis researcher that there are connections
between psoriasis and celiacy. He is now convinced that my ideas are ok,
but he still considers that sandwiches are more important than health!
My mothers artritis has gone too far already we both think, and she is
too much of a vegetarian.
I do not have any significant other, but three sons (23-31) and an ex-wife
who listen to what I say about diet and health, and I think they beleive
me, the youngest is somewhat intrested, but they are not prepared to
change their eating habits.
I think You must have a certain inclination, plus some good reason to
change diet in our way. You must be able to stand up in front of other
people and say: this is me and I am eating this way. Also to have a
social life that makes it possible to participate in You own way.
Vegetarians have it much easier as most people recognize that as a
healthy diet. (I have often met people ho have been told about my diet
-in fact last autumn there was a big article about my paleodieting in
Swedens biggest newspaper, so lots of people know me as the Stoneage
Dieter-, say to me, when they realize that I eat meat: "I thought You
was a vegetarian"! Apparently the just got the message "healthy diet"
wich for them only links to vegetarianism).
It seems to me that many people on this list have already tried some
other diet before, and so are of a "dieting kind". Myself I came
directly from "Standard swedish diet" (wich is probably a good bit
better than SAD), and never had had any thought of dieting before.

We cannot expect other people to be able to change, but I think we
shall go on telling people of what we have found out, as there might
be someone out there that could benefit from paleodiet, only that (s)he
knows it exists.

- Hans