From:
Yoeschucho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:07:36 EST

<< In any case, some of our time is going to be in getting from here to there,
 as in driving across Oklahoma and Texas which means eating in restaurants, >>

There is not a town in OK or Texas without a Dairy Queen and they will be
happy to make you a "belt buster" without a bun if you just explain what you
want.  What you'll get is 2 pieces of ground beef, some lettuce tomato and
onion.  OK the condiments are a little problematical  and obviously we're not
talking organic beef here.

And of course there is no easier place to get a steak.  In northern NM much of
the local cuisine is basically grilled spiced meats with tortillas, skip the
tortillas.

I make this trip at least once a year and have no problems finding plenty.
You may even find roadside vendors selling jerky, esp. wild game jerky.  OK,
maybe they use some non paleo marinades, but hey I'm not going to stay in my
own kitchen for the rest of my life.

Kathleen