NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:13:22 -0500
I am not a doctor but have been told that you can change over time. This is
especially true for small infants who can grow out of it. For LI, the
problem is your body stops manufacturing an enzyme. It's possible your body
can resume production. A couple of people have told me that it happened to
them personally. For me the opposite is true. About 17 years ago I became
LI and it got progressively worse. It starting causing a general sense of
unwellness and frequent sinus infections (4 per year). I stopped all dairy
in Jan. 1997 and immediately improved. I've had 2 sinus infections in 3
years and both were the result of very bad colds (in fact #2 is being dealt
with right now - my last infection was 2.5 years ago).

Don M