NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:15:14 -0800
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:59:00 -0600 Vicky Lynn Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Does anyone know of a substitute for sweetened condensed milk and/or
> evaporated milk?   Or how about a good "no milk" fudge recipe?

Wow!  I just pulled this out of last night's paper.  There was a recipe
to substitute sweetened condensed milk.  It uses non-fat dry milk powder,
but you probably could substitute a non-dairy powdered drink mix. I make
no claims of any kind on this.  I have not tried it, but I have used
powdered soy milk one for one in a baking mix recipe.   Any way, here is
the original:

Combine 1 cup instant non-fat dry milk, 3 tbsp melted margarine, 2/3 cup
sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water in a blender.  Process well.  the end
product should equal a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.