NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:01:22 +0000
Kris

I read with interest this thread regarding  Intolerance vs. Allergy.

My daughter has a RAST test that proved negative for any milk allergy but
is unable to take any significant amount of dairy products, however she
drinks goat's milk and can eat pizza made with real mozerella cheese, yet
give her a glass of milk (which I don't) and she is sick complaining of
stomach pains, etc.

The problem with LI is that it has become a "designer illness" if is
socially acceptable to say "oh I'm Lactose intolerant" when people go into
a restaurant. What they mean is if I drink a litre of milk I feel sick (so
do I and I'm not LI, TG).

Experts have now tarred every LI sufferer with this same brush and the true
sufferers of LI are so labelled.

Yes I now say my daughter and wife are dairy allergic as it saves me
explaining what LI is and how much cow's milk they can or cannot drink/eat.

One of these days LI will be relegated to the type of illness that only a
few true sufferers have and not every one thinks they have.

Thanks
Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/gfm11/index.htm