NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:24:29 -0800
On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:50:03 -0700 Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>fries are the best option, but not a great meal, by themselves.

This isn't even an option for us since most premade fries have some sort
of corn (usually destrose) on them.  The only safe place we've found to
eat is a chain called In-N-Out Burger.  It's in So. California mostly,
but there are others in No. Cal.  They cut their fries fresh so there is
nothing on them.  Not sure what type of oil, but it has never been an
issue.  Even their buns don't have corn or dairy in them - they use sugar
or molasses to make a sponge dough.  We just avoid the mayo type sauce.
You can even get a burger without a bun as a standard product - it's just
wrapped in lettuce leaves.  You just have to know about it since it's not
on the menu.

I have to comment that they were very helpful when I asked about what was
in the buns.  Didn't have a pamphlet, but they have so few items that
part of their training is to know the ingredients.  We asked at the drive
thru and they gave us a extra "protein burger" (what they call the one
w/out a bun) at no charge to try for Alyssa.  I was very impressed.

Kathy P.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]