NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 21:54:49 +0000
Hi there

It is interesting that the topic of lack of concentration has come up
again. My daughter regularly receives comments from her teachers about lack
of concentration. She is not allergic but intolerant to milk and I usually
find that (in my daughter's case) she has eaten chocolate when this lack of
concentration occurs.

I also had a teenager come into work and noticed the classic allergic
shiners and when speaking to his mother, found that he also had a lack of
concentration ( the mother didn't realise that her son was possible lactose
intolerant).

The mood swings and lack of concentration do seem to go hand in hand with
LI (there's a good research paper for some PhD student;) ). I don't think
that the answer can simply be diabetes as many other illnesses often show
mood swings and allergies and intolerance are areas where more research is
always needed and not often carried out.

Thanks
Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/gfm11/index.htm