NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:10:45 -0600
Kimberly Sherwood wrote:

> I wondered if any of you knew how long it takes from the time a mom eats
> something her baby is allergic to to leave her milk.

It varies from protein to protein, food to food.  Trust me, I wish I had
known too!  How I longed for a 'treat'.

My best advice to her is to arrange with a restaurant to bring her own
food and for them to just keep it under the lights until her husband's
is ready.  An understanding owner should be willing to do this.

If she really can't stand the thought of trying this, she should
probably pump at least 5 days worth of milk in advance, eat carefully
while out and then gradually reintroduce her 'post restaurant' milk
after two days.  If there is a reaction she should wait longer,
obviously.

Best of luck to her!

--
Kathy Wentz                   Childhood should be a journey-
[log in to unmask]                 not a race.  Homeschool