NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Clifton Flynt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:28:06 -0500
Hi,

In the US most major department stores (like K-Mart) and pharmacies
carry Lactaid and Dairy Ease, the brands with the largest distribution.

Many also carry a private brand.

The private brands that I've seen are 3000 units (the original Lactaid
strength) in chewable capsules.  The prices range from about 1/2 to 3/4
the price of similar strength Lactaid/Dairy Ease.

My stomach finds no difference between Lactaid and the low-cost pills,
but some of the small brands taste better than others.

The prices around here range from about $8.00 US per hundred to $12.00
US per hundred.

Hope this helps.

--- Tcl/Tk for Real Programmers - Academic Press Professional ---
----------------   Release Date:  December 1998 -----------------
-- http://www.msen.com/~clif  ------------   [log in to unmask]   --
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice  -