NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathi Papciak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 23:27:14 EDT

<< Just wondering for those of you who have used Duncan Hines Cake Mixes what
 you do to replace the 3 eggs that the boxes calls for. >>

I have tried various replacements and the EnerG egg replacer has always worked
the best  -- at least while the cake is still warm.  However, as the cake
cools, it falls and becomes very moist and dense.  By the next morning, it is
inedible to all but my allergic daughter.

Am I doing something wrong with the egg replacer?  Has this happened to anyone
else?

Kathi