NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:01:17 -0400
Hello,

The following are 2 dairy alerts that were supplied to us by the
Kashrut.com, the premier kosher information source on the Internet. They
provide free kosher product updates and product alerts. See
http://www.kashrut.com/ to subscribe.

If you are unaware of how to use kosher labeling as a food allergy shopper
please see our links at the bottom of this post.

PRINGLES

        The following information was in response to a e-mail question and
confirmed by the Orthodox Union on July 23, 1998.

Some Pringles from Mexico including those with a Portuguese label are
mislabeled.
        -Sour Cream Pringles are mismarked with an OU instead of an OU-D.
        -Some Cheese Pringles are mismarked with an OU instead of an OU-D.
(This was a one-time run and this product is not normally produced as
kosher).

CIRCUS MAN ICE CREAM
        The following information was received by fax from the Orthodox
Union on June 26, 1998.
        Please be advised of the following: Varieties of Circus Man Ice
Cream mistakenly bear an OU symbol instead of an OU-D. All varieties are
dairy, except Circus Man Twin Pops, which are pareve.

To better understand how kosher labeling can help food allergy shoppers see
these two articles on our website.

Kosher Labeling - Help I'm Lost (part 1)
        http://non-dairy.org/moo%20%28search%20files%29/cookkosherhelp.html
Defining Kosher (part 2)
        http://non-dairy.org/moo%20%28search%20files%29/cookkosherhelp2.html

To your family's health,

Helen Fernety

Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About, Inc.
A support & informational monthly web source for families dealing with
dairy free diets for medical  reasons.
http://non-dairy.org
10425 S.W. 114 Court, Miami, FL 33176 USA ====================================
Monthly Snail Mail Newsletter Now Available - $30 a year + 3 dairy cards
Have a friend or a professional that doesn't have Internet access but needs
our newsletter? Have them call 1-305-598-0374 and we will mail them a free
basic milk protein allergy information with a newsletter order form.