NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EngJrnTchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:30:17 -0600
Today in Barnes & Noble I came across a magazine with this on the front
cover:  "Should kids drink cow's milk?"  The magazine is:  Mothering:  a
magazine of natural family living.  The article is four pages with eight
citations ranging from Time magazine to New England Journal of Medicine.

The article is by Annemarie Colbin, MA, CCP, CHES.
July/August 1998 isse

I don't want to rehash this topic, but for those who are interested this
is a good article.  Allergies are mentioned.

I found this paragraph interesting  [cut and paste to get the main idea]
--->>

Quote is from Frank Oski, MD author of Don't Drink Your Milk--->>>

Oski "points out that many cultures normally lose the lactase enzyme
that helps digest lactose, or milk sugar, around the age of weaning"
Went on to say people of many cultures are therefore LI

Back issues of the magazine are available @ 1-888-984-8116
e-mail @: [log in to unmask]

Thought you all might want to check this out,

Deborah