NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:32:08 -0700
Hi -

I'll add my voice to this discussion, too.  Alyssa is 3.3 years old, and has
almost always been very low on the weight charts.  About 10-20%.  She weighs
about 28 pounds now.  I've worried off and on about it, but she's always gained
a bit of weight at each check, and is otherwise very healthy.  She is allergic
to dairy, soy, eggs and peanuts, and we strictly avoid other nuts, too.  So
there are really very few high calorie toddler friendly foods she can eat.  My
guess is that kids with only dairy allergy can make up that nutrition fairly
easily.  But multiple allergies make it that much harder... and any undiagnosed
allergies could really mess things up!

:
:  I have thought about going to nutritionist.  Have others on this list found
:  it beneficial to get the advice of a nutritionist?

We went to a nutritionist when we first discovered Alyssa's allergies... and it was
not very helpful at all.  Even then, I knew more about food allergies than she did.
Now, with the help of this list, I know ALOT more!  She also had very little experience
with small children, it seemed.  So, I'd only go back if I could find someone who
had significant experience with children and multiple food allergies.  I expect that
sort of person is rare!

Laurie (and Alyssa)

p.s. No motor skills delays for Alyssa - she's just small