NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:29:44 -0500
>>Does anyone have a recipe for a cookie that you make by mixing up the
>>the ingredients and rolling everything into balls - no cooking needed?
>>It must not contain milk, chocolate or nuts.

Debbie,

I found a recipe in "My Kid's Allergic to Everything - Dessert Cookbook" by
R. Hoffman & M.Thoma. Chicago Review Press, [log in to unmask], ISBN
1-55652-303-3, $14 ish.

Energy Balls: yeild 2-3 dozen

1/2 cup "Better Than Milk" powder (I bet DariFree would also work)
1/2 Cup Granola (they have a recipe if you need it, let me know)
1/2 Cup oat bran
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut
1 Cup nut butter (e.g. almond, peanut:-( or your choice)
1/2 honey

In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, granola, oat bran, and coconut.
Mash in the nut butter and the honry until all ingredients are well mixed.
Shape into 1-inch balls, place on a serving platter, cover, and chill for
several hous before serving.

These keep for several weeks refrigerated. Personal note: As a rule I don't
use ANY peanut butter or penut any thing for school food projects/parties.

Hope this helps,

Helen