NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:37:27 -0800
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:21:37 +0800 Jessica Williams
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>This brings up a question for me: is it possible to have eczema that
>"cycles"?  My oldest son Chris has had periods of eczema on his body and
>scalp (so bad you could see it under his thick blond hair), and then it
>dissapears.  Although he always has dry skin, it does not show up in
>patches like eczema does half the time.

Are you sure it's eczema?  My husband has bad psoriasis and sebhorrea
especially on his scalp.  It looks very different than my or my
duaghter's eczema patches.  His is more crusty and oily looking whereas
the eczema is red and dry.

Have you tried any of the coal tar shampoos?  My husband uses Denorex
daily plus some other meds from the dermtologist to keep things under
control.  Occasionally, he has to get cortisone shots into the bas spots
on other parts of his body.

Just some thoughts,
Kathy P.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]