NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:52:22 -0400
Robyn Kozierok asked:

>I am looking for some simple (few ingredients) recipes for dips with
>a silken tofu base.  I am looking for a sweet dip for fruits, etc. and
>a garlicky dip for other things.

Why tofu? For the second, the easiest is hummus. Ingredient quantities are
flexible. The other obvious one is salsa, but that doesn't fit in with what
you are asking for. Don.

Bills Hummus

2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
2/3 cup tahini
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or less)
5 gloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt

Combine everything into a food processor and process until smooth.  If
it's too thick, add a little water & process.

From "Charleston Receipts"