CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 19:00:32 -0700

Sue wrote: Who sometimes gets "fed up" with all this mess!  <snip>

Well Sue I'd be amazed if other people did not have those same feelings.
It's a major deal & restaurants are risky- still I'm not willing to do
the cooking & cleaning ALL the time, so I'm willing to go the extra mile
to figure out "something safe".
If each one of us had 1 or 2 restuarants  we know of with some safe GF
meals, and post them- we could have 100 or more potential things that
can be eaten in restaurants.

By the way~ I saw an article in the "To your good health" syndicated
column by Dr. Donahue today.... a reference to gluten & celiac sprue.
Here is an exerpt:

"Eliminating gluten from the diet restores normal digestive function.
That might sound simple to those unaquainted with celiac disease. In
reality, it is a monumental task. Gluten is in so many foods that
adhering to the diet is a full time job."

Amen!

~fran