BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:58:24 -0400
Witold -
State Troopers, and other police officials have an obligation to make sure
no one is out in the middle of the woods, "making whoopy".  It probably
stems from the Temperance Movement that occurred at the end of the last
century, when our cultured sensibilities didn't allow tables to have legs -
they had limbs.  It does seem to be a game, but I wouldn't consider it
local.  I would consider it societal.

As for a gain for the men and women chasing the teens out of an area,
consider it similar to chasing the daddy of all raccoons out of your trash
can every night for years (a game my father used to play on our back porch
when I was growing up).  There's always a sense after the raccoon has slunk
back into the woods that you've chased him away for the last time
(VICTORY!), only to hear him out in the trash again 5 minutes later.
- Pam

06/05/98 11:55:52 AM ----------

Please respond to Svantevit <[log in to unmask]>