BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Etidorpha Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:52:11 EDT
Hi, Mary!

A couple of weeks ago you wrote (among other things):

>there are many towns in NJ that are
imposing additional taxes on themselves to buy up vacant land to keep it from
developers, and keep their historic towns small and intact.>

I grew up in a little commuter town in Bergen County, NJ, best known for its
golf course.  While I lived there (eons ago), the new-house lot zoning went up
to 2 acres!  But that wasn't to preserve the town's historical character - it
was only to keep the place expensive.  What didn't survive, of course, was
(were?) all the woods, which had made the place great for us when we were
kids.

Kathy Follett