AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"McCandlish, Karen (ETS: Library)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:35:12 -0500
Yes, this is what I was going to suggest: is there is a particular problem that could be resolved by providing new equipment, such as a screen reader or adaptive equipment for computers, scanner/reader, or something of the like.

How is this excessive time being spent?  Is there a special position that can be created, via a grant, to help these patrons?  Can a non-librarian paraprofessional assist these individuals in some ways, freeing up the librarians to answer reference questions, and do more tasks that require professional experience, etc.?

Karen McCandlish
Leroy V Good Library
Monroe Community College
Rochester, NY