Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:04:48 ADT
7BIT
From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
> In the case of the hominid, it appears as if a (almost) fruitarian
> beeing - the hominid - suddenly got the possibility to access a new
> food resource - meat.

Amadeus:  How can you call a hominid that eats insects and bugs a
fruitarian? There is every reason to believe that bugs made up a
considerable proportion of the early hominid diet.  The critters may
be little, but they are still protein-rich bodies, fauna as opposed
to flora. Therefore the consumers of such critter needs to be
thought of as omnivores, right from the start of the species.  Even
other primates, which you are fond of comparing to our species, get a
lot of protein and calories from bugs and insects, even if they do
not eat other meat sources.

There is *not* agreement on this list that early hominids were
fruitarians.  It is only that some of us are getting tired of
repeating ourselves, so we quit responding when you ignore us.  Do
not mistake our lack of response for agreement.

Lisa