Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 05:58:16 -0700
>How serious is the calcium loss?  According to one study, women who consumed
>3000 mg of sodium per day required 1700 mg of calcium to avoid a net calcium
>loss.  Perhaps 1700 mg sounds like a lot to some people, but I don't think
>it would be that hard to obtain from bones and bone marrow.  There are
>studies which correlate calcium loss with protein intake (e.g., see
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?uid=9497187&form=6&db=m&
>Dopt=b), but most members of this list aren't afraid of eating animal
>protein.

I seem to have increased bone loss in my teeth. Could this be from too much
protein and not enough calcium? Or, could it be that on a carb diet the gums
are more swollen and the bone loss is not as evident? Anyway, I have much
greater pockets now where food gets caught. Thoughts? Am I not eating enough
fat? I am now taking a multimineral supplement as I was alarmed at how much
bone loss there is.