Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:10:49 -0400
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:00:13 -0700, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>All early Primates were insectivores.  Tree shrews and Tarsiers are
>considered good examples as all they ever eat are insects.  All Primates
>eat prodigious amounts of meat in the form of insects.

Prodigious amounts for primates?
Which primate do you mean? Certainly not chimps or gorillas which are the
most closely related to us:
Chimps eat:
  Goodall, in a masterpiece on chimpanzees,
  gives a two-year average chimp diet as:
  Fruit 59%,  Leaves 21%,  Seeds 9%, Blossoms 5%,
  Meat 1.5%,  Insects 0.7%,  Misc. 4%
2.2 % Animals.

Insectivore time for primates (in our anchestral line)
is over 50 mi
llion years away, shortly after mammals came up at all,
and for very small animals.

Frugivore and herbivore times were then for 48 millions of years long
in our anchestral line. At least up to australopithecus.
At last: "....some meat was eaten in addition to the plant
foods and fruits which were the staples."

The following only 2 millions of years may have intreduced
an increased meat consumption:
- homo habilis' diet:
 "...the diet of modern hunter-gatherers ... has not been
 known to exceed 40% meat in tropical habitats
 ... we can safely assume that the meat in habilis' diet would have
 been substantially less than that."

I note "not exceed" means a maximum, not a usual percentage.

Do you have _any_ complaints about the cited numbers?

Do you see a long time interval to adapt to a diet high in meat?
Do you see any time interval to adapt to a diet *wi
thout*
an adequate supply of fresh and much plants?

>Hitler first wrote of being a vegetarian in 1911 and extolled the
>benifits of his diet to many including Goebbels who quoted him ...
Hitler was a rather sick man, if he managed to survive in
rather healthy condition for a time by being vegetarian, what has that
to do with us? What has it to do with paleolithic nutrition?

Do you want to draw a connection from being a vegetarian to
"being in the mood to start war aggression"?
Or to "proposing mass murders on ethnic minorities and political enemies"?
Maybe you could link his aggressions to "owning a german shepard dog"?
Just as senseful.

Then, better take a look at other war aggressors and mass murders,
and count the vegetarian percentage.
Joseph Stalin? Jack the Ripper? Attila the Hun? Tutsie/Hutu? Karadcic?

How many wars did Mahatma Ghandi start? How many did
 he save?
That's really ridiculous.

What has Hitlers supposed nutrition do with adequate nutrition?

Amadeus