Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:06:19 -0400
On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Ilya wrote:

> Todd, you are correct in that this is an issue for us (the modern h/g).
> In the context of the primitive ancestral h/g these aren't really
> an issue - they DID eat organ meats, and they didn't produce man
> made pollutants.

Exactly.  Our choices are more complicated.

For example, in the original Zone book Barry Sears recommends
that we either eat fatty fish or take fish oil supplements.  If
we use supplements he recommends that we use the "cholesterol
free" kind, which are molecularly distilled, a process that
removes most of the contaminants that accumulate in fish body
oils.

I wrote to his web site and asked this:  If the contaminants are
enough of a concern that we should spend more to get purified
fish oil capsules, then how can you also recommend that we eat
fish, whose body oils are not purified?

The answer was somewhat vague and concluded that, all things
considered, it's probably better to use the capsules than to eat
fish.  Of course, the fact that Sears *sells* fish oil capsules
may be relevant.

Todd Moody