Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 05:09:03 -0800
7bit
From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Jacki!!!

Thanks for the nice Reply.

>> Well that's it for now and I hope was informative to you All and I'd
>> really like to keep this thread going to see/hear what other People's
>> Experiences are - Thanks Again!!!
>
> Dear Gregg and everyone,
>
>     We fed our cats raw food, also, and they were gorgeous, healthy and
> their cat litter box had NO odor!  They also had no fleas.

Us too!!!  Well out Cats go outside so I'm so glad I don't have to mess
with a litter box but are Cats basically have no fleas.  When I looked
at the Kittens I found 2 fleas so far on 6 Kittens - That's not bad!!!

> Unfortunately, when we moved to the mountains the female just would not
> stay in the house.  She tried to get out at every opportunity, and ended
> up a great meal for an owl...and her brother, about a year later after
> our daughter was born, got out one night and would not come back in - we
> tried for hours.  We presume he was a great meal for a coyote...We have
> now moved to the other end of the San Fernando Valley into the North end
> of the mountains, and are not getting anymore animals until we're out of
> the wilds again...

I'm sorry.  If you'd like a RAF - Raw Animal Food - Kitten and are ready
for one just drop me an e-mail.  We're lucky here where we are near
Eagle Rock/Glendale because we had like a Private Oasis in a sense and
plenty of room for the Cats and Kittens to romp around in without too
much risk - Thank God!!! - All I have to worry about - if I actually do
- is the Toms that come around; I want to make sure they don't mess with
the Kittens, even though the Gray Striped one is at least some of the
Kittens Father because 2 are Gray Striped and our Girl is Black and so
is her Brother. 3 are Black with slight Striping and 1 is all Black - I
think he/she was the last one out too and the one the Mom kept leaving
behind but is perfectly fine now.

>     There is a woman named Pat McKay in Pasadena who is a major raw food
> advocate for pets.  She has an ad in The Whole Life Times, which I have
> here but don't know what my husband did with it.  Gregg, you can look it
> up there, and if anyone else is interested I can post how to get a hold
> of her as soon as I find the magazine.  She's very knowledgeable, and can
> answer any questions.

I know of her from a Web Search on "Raw Meat" a few months ago; and it
was really neat that she's just about 10 minutes from me, if that, in
Pasadena where I used to live - Pasadena is right next door to me and
just one city over.  The only thing I don't like is that she, like AFS -
Animal Food Services, use Frozen RAF even though they say it's
"Fresh-Frozen" or "Frozen-Fresh".  I think they're doing a good thing
but I think it's better to just go to the Local Health Food Store or
wherever they have Natural Organic Beef etc. and pay a bit more and get
the Trimmings and then add whatever is needed to get the Minerals like
Bone Meal or whatever.  I think I'll give her a call anyway since I know
I was feeding them way too much Raw Chicken Liver and want to get some
info from her what she thinks is the best if price was not really a big
concern, even though it's a slight concern right now, I really want them
to have the best so am willing to pay for it.  As I said before: "I
think if you really love your Pets and consider them Fellow Beings and
Members of the Family, I think that you should buy them the best too
just like you do for yourself."

Thanks again for the really nice Reply and I look forward to some great
Posts from you - Thank You!!!

 - Gregg!!!