NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:50:05 -0700
Darla E Straka, Illustrator (Phy Sci), Albuquerque, NM wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:29:28 +0200
> Ron/Denise Morton said:
> > What are people's experience with relying on food labels being complete in
> > including everything that's in the product.  Lactose has had so much
> > publicity that I would trust that if that's in a product it would be on the
> > label.  But I had never even heard of casein until my dairy free diet began
> > 2 months ago.  Can I trust that it will really be named on an ingredients
> > label if it's in there?  I don't have allergic reactions (atleast not
> > outwardly manifested) to dairy so I can't tell if I have mistakenly eaten
> > something I shouldn't.  Any info would be appreciated.  So far if I
> > question a product I just call the company, but that's a pain sometimes.
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Denise
>
> ......  I don't know what to expect if a person is
> casein intolerant as well.
>
> TIA
> Darla in Albuquerque, NM

Many people claim to be symptom free, because they think that feeling
lousy, or being moody, or tired all the time, or unable to concentrate,
etc., are normal.

Not everyone is saensitive to casein, but in my experience, common
symptoms that are often ignored, that are reversed by eliminating casein
are: crepitus, decreased energy, sinus problems, neck pain, back pain,
headaches, arthritis, joint and muscle stiffness, female problems, skin
problems,and leg cramps at night---to mention a few that I have seen.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.