NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ron/Denise Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:20:45 +0200
Denise here,  I have sent a letter three times, about my sister-in-law
having MS.  I hope the third time will be the charm.  I'm sorry if all
three finally post, but I'm just trying to get one to post.  Additionally,
if anyone has any remarkable stories about their diet curing (or atleast
obvioiusly impacting) any medically challenging diseases, I could sure
stand to hear them.  I have been diagnosed with a rare blood disease called
Polycythemia Vera.  I am on two support groups thru the internet consisting
of people with this disease.  They are all on nasty medications that cause
lots of side effects and increase chances of developing cancer and leukemia
down the road.  I have chosen to put off those kinds of treatments until I
have expired all other options.  In addition to my hematologist I am under
the care of a licensed Naturopathic physician who has determined via blood
test that I am dairy intolerant and intolerant of combining cane sugar
products with fruit.  So I have eliminated cane sugar totally, and also
dairy (lactose, casein, whey, etc. you know the drill).  The people on my
"support" groups are very unsupportive of alternative therapies.
Therefore, I turn to you.  Perhaps the people in this group can offer some
stories of improved health thru diet.  My food intolerances are not
allergies as I assume most of yours are. But the Dr. explains that our
bodies have a harder time processing some things than others, and that in
the process of continually over years and years of being fed things the
body would rather not have, toxins can build up, causing disease.  That's
it in a nutshell.  There are no cases published, and no research being done
linking diet to my disease so I'm really out in left field here.  Please
share any encouragement you can as it is hard to constantly strive to keep
positive.  Thank you!  (I hope this posts--if not I'll try to re-send
tomorrow)

Denise