NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:41:14 -0500
I believe that melons are a cross-reactive relative to ragweed. If you have
strong reactions to ragweed, you may also be reative to melon, especially
during ragweed season.

One incident of vomiting does not necessarily constitute an allergy. There
may be a virus active, or the child may have merely gagged on it. It may be
worth another try, perhaps cutting the pieces smaller, especially if there
were no other symptoms of allergy. That said, however, we are still
skittish about giving Josh any kiwi or avacado, since he violently threw up
when we fed these to him years ago. He's just so allergic to so many
things, and kiwi and avacado are not exactly staples, ....

As with any food, vomiting can be a symptom of an allergy. Other symptoms,
such as rhinitis, swelling, hives, bronchospasm, etc., may also be
manifestations.

Mark Feblowitz